I arrived here on Oahu today for a three-day tour. My mom is doing better, although she told the nurse she was not related to me. But this is how I model for my girls..."how to take care of mommy when mommy doesn't know who you are."
The key is to keep a sense of humor and a grateful heart. I am so grateful to God. My mom's staph infection calmed down and she is scheduled to be transferred to the nursing home in Kapolei tomorrow at noon! What a blessing.
She took a few steps today. She ate lots of pureed stuff. I think it's funny how the chefs here try to make pureed foods look appealing. They try! When I was reading the paper to her, she grabbed the paper and made like she was reading one of the smaller articles. I couldn't figure out if she really was. And when the speech therapist was here, I called Malia, so the therapist could hear mom talk to Malia. Mom will talk if she's on the phone, but not if we're in the room with her. An interesting phonomenon.
I feel confident that she will be able to eat more soon, with the help of the therapists, and then we won't need to make that awful decision about her feeding tube.
More later...gotta get back to the room.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Update on mom, Dec. 8
Posted by
Lisa
at
6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment